About me...

I'm currently a Junior at the University of South Alabama, majoring in Elementary Education.

My Philosophy on Teaching...

I plan to implement my contribution to my student’s education in the following ways: a open and trusting relationship with all of my students, a constant awareness of classroom curriculum and ever-changing educational technology, a patience and understanding of students’ different backgrounds and environments, a patience and understanding of different students’ varying development and learning processes, a constant and effective relationship with the parents and guardians of my students to promote consistent success in learning, including the lessons of respect, cooperation and kindness in every day of class, setting an example of good morals in my everyday life in hopes of translating those morals to my students, informing my students of the importance of respect for the entire world, its people and the environment, by reflecting on myself often in order to make changes and improve me as a teacher for the sake of my students, and most importantly, my desire to make learning happen, all day everyday in my classroom.

Blogs in The Classroom

I have every intention of having a Class Blog when I get my own classroom. I'm also going to create a personal blog in the meantime. Not really a professional blog, but just a networking blog that I can direct anyone to for them to get in touch or keep up with me.

When I finally do get my own classroom, some things I will incorporate in my class blog will be:
  • Classroom and school events
  • Homework assignments
  • Daily recaps
  • Classroom procedures and policies
  • Course standards
  • Supplemental and remedial resources
  • My contact information

The only other thing I will use with my students and parents is Facebook for communication. A lot of parents already have Facebook and (for now) and I think its the best choice. And this is if I had my own classroom next year. I say this because technology changes constantly. So if I find something better or if something old loses its effectiveness, i'll modify my plans.